We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Raspberry "Elegant" belongs to the category of the most unpretentious and resistant to major diseases and pests varieties. The author of the variety is I.V. Kazakov, a specialist at the Kokinsky strongpoint VSTISP in the Bryansk region. The variety passed the State variety test in 2006. It is included in the State Register for the Central Region. The variety has proven itself when grown in home gardening.
Repairing raspberries "Elegant" forms powerful and sprawling bushes. Secondary shoot formation. Biennial shoots of light brown color, erect, with an average type of prickly. The main number of thorns is concentrated in the lower part of the shoots and decreases to the apical part.
Annual shoots of green color, with anthocyanin staining and slight pubescence. The leaves are green, wrinkled, slightly twisted. The berry is relatively large, average weight of 3.6-3.8 g, red, with a slight pubescence. The stalks are long. The pulp is tender, sweet-sour, without a pronounced aroma.
The chemical composition of berry pulp:
- dry matter - a little more than 1 3%;
- sugars - a little more than 5%;
- acids - about 1.2%.
Indicators of the total average yield are about 140-142 kg / ha. The variety belongs to the category of self-fertile. It is characterized by resistance to major diseases and the most common pests of berry crops.
Repair raspberries: variety selection
Elegant raspberries should be grown in well-lit and warmed areas, protected from the prevailing winds and low temperature indicators. If plants are planted along the south side of the enclosures, a distance of at least a meter must be maintained. When planting, you should pay attention to the following features of berry shrub cultivation:
- should be planted in areas available for trouble-free regular, and sometimes quite plentiful irrigation;
- the area allocated for raspberries should not be flooded and suffer from waterlogging, and with increased humidity, an embankment from the soil should be carried out;
- Of course, fertilizing the soil before laying the raspberry should be depending on its condition, and compost and organic fertilizers are applied during the preparation of the land, in the process of deep digging and cleaning of weeds;
- the depth and size of the planting pit or trench should be fully consistent with the development of the root system of the plant;
- special fertilizers for raspberries are applied to the bottom of the dug landing pits, and then they are thoroughly mixed with soil and watered with plenty of water;
- if it is not possible to introduce organic fertilizers before planting, then phosphorus-potash fertilizers can be used, at the rate of not more than 40-50 g per square meter.
It is advisable to soak raspberry roots before planting, having previously removed all dry or weak parts of the root system. Prepared raspberry bushes in a row are planted at a distance of at least 0.6-1 m from each other. After planting, abundant watering is carried out, and if necessary, water retention is carried out by mulching the soil around the bushes. It is recommended to trim the shoots at a height of 20-25 cm above the ground.
After planting, raspberries form shoots that grow in length and width in the first year, but practically do not branch, which makes it easier to care for young plants.
In order to get a rich harvest when growing Elegant raspberries, you need to provide the berry bushes with the most correct and good care:
- water the plants should be plentiful, but relatively rare, commensurate with the amount of irrigation with the state of the soil on the site and the stage of vegetation of the plant;
- from the last ten days of August it is not recommended to water raspberry bushes, since it is during this period that a sufficient amount of natural precipitation falls, and overmoistening prevents the ripening of shoots;
- a good result is the use of mullein solution with a small amount of wood ash for top dressing of raspberry bushes;
- starting from the third year after planting, raspberry bushes should be actively fertilized with both organic and basic mineral fertilizers.
Preparation of a berry culture for winter should begin in the fall, before the onset of sharply negative temperature indicators. In the autumn period, not only fertilizer application is carried out, but also preventive spraying with insectofungicidal preparations, as well as pruning of bushes. If necessary, to protect plants from freezing in the northern regions, sheltering plants for the winter is carried out.
Elegant raspberries delight gardeners not only with a rich harvest of delicious berries, which can be easily separated from the fruit-bearing and tolerates transportation well, but also with the ability to universally use the harvested crop. According to gardeners, plants are powerful and very sprawling, with a height of about 1.6-1.8 m, so tying on supports is a prerequisite for proper cultivation.
How to increase raspberry crop
After competent autumn pruning, in early spring at least five straight-growing and slightly prickly, well-developed and strong shoots are formed on the plant. In the first two years, raspberries give a not too big crop, but then the yield from the bush is at least 2-3 kg, and with good care it can be much more.