Breeders are constantly trying to create new plant species. Therefore, the assortment is growing rapidly. It becomes difficult for a summer resident to choose. The Darunok apple tree has excellent characteristics. Those who planted it in the garden are satisfied with the yield and field health of the tree of Belarusian origin.
Description of the variety
Before planting the Darunok apple tree in the garden, the summer resident is looking for characteristics. Based on this, it becomes clear whether the plant is suitable for growing in certain climatic conditions, what properties the tree has and much more.
According to the description of the variety given by the producers, the apple tree belongs to the late-ripening varieties. It is drought tolerant and requires little maintenance.
Features of the apple tree:
- resistant to fungal diseases, scab;
- winter hardy;
- resistant to spring frosts;
- fruits of excellent quality;
- able to self-pollinate;
- demanding on the composition of the soil;
- frequent and abundant watering is required.
Brief characteristics of the tree:
- height from 3.5 to 4 m;
- bears fruit every year, starting at 4-5 years after planting;
- the beginning of the harvest is September.
Many positive reviews about the apple tree speak of its popularity among gardeners. It suits many, as it was bred specifically for regions with dry summers and harsh winters.
Description of fruits
In order to make the final decision on planting, you should familiarize yourself with the characteristics of Darunok apples:
- the fruits are large, the smallest, with proper care, weighs from 200 g and above;
- skin color - pomegranate;
- round, asymmetric shape;
- the skin is thin, elastic;
- the pulp is light green, fine-grained;
- the taste is sweet and sour;
- apples are stored for a long time, retain their presentation and taste;
- assessment by tasters on a 5-point scale, 4.5 points.
Beautiful and neat apples, if stored properly, will last until spring and longer.
Features of fruiting
A characteristic feature of the apple tree is the annual abundant fruiting. When testing varieties, Darunok showed excellent results in fruiting.
The regularity of high rates is stable, does not change from year to year.
The tree gives the first flowers already in the 2nd year, but they should be removed. The plant must be strong before it can bear fruit. The first fruits are harvested in the 3rd or 4th year.
Apple yield 250-350 kg from 1 m2.
Disease and pest resistance
The tree is scab resistant, but, despite this, cleaning the garden is required in the fall and early spring. Disease prevention works much more efficiently than treatment of the focus of the disease.
Spring treatment with fungicides will help preserve the crop and prevent diseases from spreading on the site.
Against the spread of insects, constant treatment of trees in the garden is required. Both in the spring and in the summer, regardless of the season. But do not forget about precautions when working with chemicals. And the fact that you should stop processing a month before the start of the harvest.
After the entire crop has been harvested, the damaged branches should be cut off. And collect the fallen fruits and take them out of the garden.
Breeders have done a great job creating this variety of apple trees. Regardless of the presence of bees, the tree is capable of pollinating itself, as it belongs to plants with a parthenocarpic structure of flowers.
If you plant a pollinator next to it, this will significantly increase the volume of the crop. The tree should be selected in accordance with the flowering dates of the Darunok apple tree.
The ovary is formed stably every year, regardless of external factors. For this, gardeners love this apple tree.
Harvesting and storage
When collecting apples, you should adhere to some rules. Compliance with them allows you to get fruits that can be stored for a long time:
- They begin to harvest in early autumn, preferably finished before the first frost.
- The fruits should be kept slightly removed, only then eaten. Around the month of November. By this time, they ripen and become especially tasty.
- When assembled for storage, they are removed with the help of special devices or by hand. But in no case shaking off the branches to the ground.
- Then they are also carefully laid out in collection boxes.
Observing simple, well-known rules, the harvest from Darunka will remain until spring without special conditions.
The harvested fruits are stored in dark, cool rooms with a stable temperature. Not in any way negative, from 0 ⁰С to +10 ⁰С.
If there are special refrigerating chambers, then apples are stored until summer without losing their taste and presentation.
If a gardener wants to grow apples and store them in a cellar, then the Darunok apple tree is suitable for this purpose. Its harvest is always massive and stable. And the taste characteristics of the fruits are at the highest level.