We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Meringue f1", or "Merengue F1", is a high-yielding and very early hybrid that is stable in fruiting throughout the growing period and is recommended for cultivation in both open and protected ground.
The hybrid form "Meringue" belongs to the category of parthenocarpic high-yielding ultra-ripe hybrids that are intended for fresh consumption, and are also widely used in canning and pickling. The plant is formed disease-resistant, medium-open, medium-braided, with bundles of ovaries. It comes into bearing one and a half months after sowing seeds.
Zelentsy have a length of about 9 cm and have a cylindrical shape with a coarse-humped surface. The average weight of green stuff is 90 g. The color is dark green. The green pulp is dense, juicy, with a crunch and aroma, without bitterness. The manufacturer of the hybrid form is the Dutch company Seminis vegetable seeds.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber "Meringue f1" has a lot of advantages and minor flaws that do not affect its popularity among gardeners and private gardeners:
- high palatability and dietary properties;
- high product attractiveness;
- resistance to plant damage by downy mildew;
- storage duration and the possibility of transportation without loss of quality;
- storage without equipment for 5-6 days without loss of presentation;
- lack of a tendency to mass overgrowing of greenhouses;
Indicators of total yield, subject to the rules of the technology during cultivation, reach 10.5-11.5 kg per square meter. Recommended indicators of plant density with a vertical planting of 20-25 thousand / ha, with a horizontal - should not be more than 45-50 thousand / ha.
How to grow cucumbers in a greenhouse
Self-pollinating hybrid "Meringue" from the Dutch originator Monsanto holland b. V. can be grown through seedlings or sowing seeds on ridges.
Direct sowing of seeds
This method of sowing is very popular and allows you to save time and effort on growing cucumber seedlings.
- • the time for sowing seeds in central Russia begins from the first week of May and lasts until mid-June;
- • in order to obtain early production, pre-prepared seeds should be sown under spanbond or other high-quality covering material;
- • it is necessary to sow together dry and soaked seeds before hatching;
- • the most convenient is the nesting method of sowing, in which 3-4 pcs are laid in each hole. seed with a distance between the wells of 0.5 m
Starting from the second decade of May, cucumber seeds can be sown directly in open ground, without the use of significant shelter.
Seedling method allows you to double the early harvest and significantly increase productivity compared with growing seedlings. For successful growing seedlings, it is important to know and observe certain subtleties of this process:
- seeds should be viewed, discarded damaged, and full-weight soaked in growth stimulants;
- sow wetted seeds should be in pots or other planting containers to a depth of not more than 1.5 cm;
- the soil should be as complete, nutritious as possible and intended for growing vegetable crops;
- when growing seedlings, moderate air and soil humidity should be maintained;
- seedling irrigation is carried out as necessary and only with warm water, the temperature of which is 23-25 ° C;
- a week before planting should begin to harden seedlings.
Before transferring the seedlings to the open ground, it is desirable to water it abundantly. Cucumber seedlings should be planted at the age of 20-25 days. In central Russia, under temporary shelters, seedlings are planted on May 12–20, and seedlings are planted in open ground without shelter on June 3–15.
The early gherkin hybrid "Meringue f1" is responsive to good care. Proper care and the formation of this vegetable crop in many respects ensures success in obtaining a high-quality crop. The main task is to timely weeding planting areas, loosening cucumber beds, 2-3 feeding for the entire fruiting period and regular watering:
- watering is carried out in the evening, heated during the day to a temperature of 23 ° C with water, exclusively under the root;
- after watering, the soil on the ridges should be subjected to shallow loosening, followed by mulching;
- regular removal of weeds that inhibit the growth and development of the vegetable crop is necessary;
- to protect against pests and damage by common cucumber diseases, it is recommended to use both folk remedies and systemic fungicides for spraying;
- It is recommended to feed cucumbers with a solution of slurry or infusion on bird droppings, as well as complex fertilizers;
- in order to give the cucumber bushes the opportunity to develop normally and quickly grow stronger, it is recommended to remove all stepsons and fruits from the first five nodes.
The tapestry method of growing allows you to create cucumber bushes in various ways.
Reviews of vegetable growers
The new early parthenocarpic hybrid "Meringue f1" has positive reviews. Its seeds show excellent germination, and the grown seedlings turn out to be very strong and massive, tolerates transplanting, showing a quick survival.
High-quality taste characteristics and external parameters have significant similarities with such a popular hybrid as Herman. The first collection of cucumbers, subject to agricultural technology, is carried out 50 days after sowing seeds. Mass harvesting begins in about two months. Vegetable growers are very pleased with the resistance of plants to diseases, temperature extremes, as well as their excellent shade tolerance. The yield for three months is about 8.5 kg per plant, which is an excellent indicator for the new hybrid form of cucumbers.