We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Amaranth, or amaranth, has beneficial properties for humans and is widely used in folk medicine, cosmetology and cooking. The healing properties of amaranth were noticed 6 centuries ago. At the time, people used the herb to heal wounds and relieve pain. They believed that the plant prolongs life and rejuvenates the body.
The healing properties of amaranth
Amaranth or shiritsa has many medicinal properties due to its rich composition. The plant blooms with red flowers. The plant is useful for humans, it is used in the form of dry grass and fresh raw materials. It has the following properties:
- improves the condition of blood cells;
What are the benefits of amaranth leaves
The leaves contain a special substance - squalene. It enriches the cells of the body with oxygen. Decoctions and infusions from the leaves are used for external and internal use. The leaves are rich in trace elements and restore blood function, strengthen the immune system, and improve the general condition of the body.
Benefits of seeds
Amaranth seeds have similar actions to leaves. But there is no squalene in them. The grains are processed into flour and various dishes are prepared from them: rich pastries, bread, pancakes, muffins. Sprouted seeds are steamed and taken in case of cancer. They contain many vitamins of all groups and trace elements.
Roots and stems
The roots and stems are also used to make folk remedies. They are rich in vitamins of all groups, trace elements and vegetable fats.
For what diseases is it recommended to use
Amaranth has a special effect in certain diseases. It is important to know what this herb heals. The plant helps to cope with symptoms and improve the condition of the body.
Amaranth for the stomach
The plant has a healing effect and helps to speed up the healing of gastritis and stomach ulcers. Also, the herb cleanses the body of toxins and toxins, and also stimulates intestinal motility.
Treatment of bedwetting
Enuresis is uncontrolled urination during sleep. It affects young children, rarely adults. Amaranth helps to get rid of this problem by positively affecting the genitourinary organs.
With diseases of the genitourinary system
With diseases of the genitourinary system, it helps to eliminate them in the early stages. Relieves inflammation, improves kidney function, destroys infection.
Amaranth has a hemostatic effect, and also strengthens the walls of blood vessels and capillaries. Accelerates skin regeneration and wound healing processes. Fresh leaves of the plant are applied to the bleeding site, and after a few minutes it stops.
Important! In case of internal bleeding, any meals, liquids, juices, herbal infusions are prohibited.
The herb contains substances that prevent the development of cancer. During the period of chemotherapy, amaranth is prescribed for complex treatment. During the rehabilitation period after completing a course of chemistry, decoctions help to restore the body faster.
Treatment of kidney and liver diseases
The herb has a diuretic and choleretic effect. In case of kidney and liver disease, it accelerates the work of organs, stimulates the outflow of excess fluid from the body and the process of bile formation. Restores and revitalizes liver and kidney cells.
The plant has an antimicrobial effect. Its infusions and decoctions destroy pathogens. When taking the medicine during a cold, it speeds up the healing process. And also amaranth relieves swelling of the mucous membranes and relieves the condition of the throat and nose with a cold.
It contains a lot of potassium, calcium and magnesium. These elements improve the state of the cardiovascular system, normalize blood pressure and prevent its violation.
In case of hemorrhoids, the infusion and decoction of the shiritsa is used topically. In the early stages, the herb is able to completely get rid of this disease. The medicine strengthens the walls of blood vessels and accelerates the healing of cracks.
With this disease, decoctions and infusions for external and internal use are prepared from the plant. Amaranth strengthens the walls of the veins, relieves pain and leg fatigue. Slows down the development of the problem.
Diseases of the lungs
In case of tuberculosis, asthma, bronchitis, it restores respiratory function. Grass saturates the body with oxygen. For such diseases, it is recommended to use the leaves.
These problems are most often accompanied by pain, swelling, redness and tissue inflammation. The nature of the inflammation is usually bacterial.
Rinsing the oral cavity with a decoction of shiritsa helps to get rid of pathological microbes.
With diabetes mellitus, herbal decoctions normalize the general condition of the body and control the level of glucose in the blood.
Important! When deciding to take amaranth decoctions, you should consult with a specialist.
Healing recipes with amaranth
You can take the squid in the form of decoctions, infusions, tinctures, use for a bath, drink tea. In folk medicine, this plant has been used for several centuries.
The herb is brewed with boiling water and drunk instead of tea. For one application use 1 tsp. shirits. It can be purchased at the pharmacy in filter bags. Such tea is especially effective during an exacerbation of colds.
For a bath with shiritsa, 500 g of herbs are brewed with boiling water. The herb is poured with boiling water and insisted for 10-15 minutes. The resulting solution is filtered and added to the bath. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. To speed up the herb brewing, the dried mixture is poured into a saucepan, poured with cold water, covered with a lid and brought to a boil. Then the broth is filtered and poured into the bath.
To prepare the infusion, you must have a thermos. For one liter of water, 300 g of grass is used. The substrate is added to a thermos and poured over with boiling water. Close tightly with a lid and leave for 8-10 hours. After the passage of time, the mixture is filtered, poured into glassware and stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days. Every day, take 100 ml of infusion.
The tincture is prepared on the basis of alcohol or vodka. 200 grams of herbs are poured into 500 ml of vodka. Close the lid tightly. Insist 10 hours in a dark room. In the morning, the tincture is filtered. Take 3 drops in the morning and in the evening.
Important! The tincture is stored in a dark place or in a container with black glass.
Amaranth broth is prepared from roots or leaves. Each method has its own characteristics of preparation.
From the roots
100 g of dried roots are poured over 500 ml of boiling water and covered with a lid. After 15 minutes, the broth can be drunk. It is used not only internally, but also to wipe the skin of the face.
From the leaves
100 g of dried leaves are poured over 500 ml of boiling water. Cover with a lid for 10-15 minutes. The broth is filtered and taken orally. The more herb, the more concentrated the solution is.
The nuances of using amaranth oil
Amaranth oil contains the largest amount of all nutrients. It is used in cooking to prepare healthy dishes, as well as in folk medicine to fight skin diseases. Amaranth oil has the following actions:
- quickly heals wounds from burns and insect bites;
- stimulates intestinal motility;
- improves memory;
- eliminates skin diseases and acne;
- relieves swelling;
- improves vision;
- relieves joint inflammation;
- restores hormones;
- fights gynecological diseases;
- improves the condition of the body for colds.
Amaranth oil is taken 1 teaspoon per day on an empty stomach. And also in case of problems with the skin, wipe the face with a moistened swab in oil.
How amaranth is used in cosmetology
In cosmetology, the squid is used to prepare anti-aging masks, body lotions, and to strengthen hair. All beauty products can be purchased in stores, and you can also make your own from fresh or dried herbs. Amaranth in cosmetology has its own actions:
- protects the skin from inflammation, damage and irritation;
- prevents the formation of expression wrinkles;
- softens and moisturizes the skin;
- cleans up clogged pores and prevents the formation of abscesses.
Amaranth oil is used in cosmetology, adhering to some rules:
- the oil is applied to the skin in a thin layer;
- after application, it does not need to be washed off;
- it can be used on any area of the skin on the body;
- the product is recommended to be used warm;
- to heat the oil, use a warm container, not a stove or microwave;
- the oil is stored in a dark, dry place at room temperature.
Important! If you do not follow the rules for using the product, the oil will lose some of its healing properties.
Anti-aging face masks
Many recipes have been developed for making masks with amaranth at home:
- The squid oil is mixed with lemon juice and applied to the face in a thin layer. This recipe smoothes out wrinkles and lightens dark spots on the skin. Withstand 20 minutes, wash off.
- A decoction of the herb is mixed with the pulp of a banana in equal amounts. Beat with a blender and apply to the face. Stand for 30 minutes, then rinse off.
- 100 g of cottage cheese of any fat content, 100 ml of cream is mixed with 100 ml of amaranth broth. Applied to the skin, kept for 30 minutes, washed off.
- Blue clay is diluted with a decoction of scythe or half a teaspoon is added to it. Apply to face, keep until dry and rinse off.
- High fat sour cream is mixed with amaranth oil and applied to the face. This mask moisturizes the skin and prevents flaking. Wash off after 30 minutes.
For the preparation of skin lotions, amaranth oil or herbal decoctions are used. Basic recipes:
- Olive oil, flax oil and shirin oil are mixed in equal quantities. The composition is used to wipe the face daily without rinsing.
- Amaranth herb is mixed with strawberries, vodka or alcohol is added, insisted for 8 hours. The solution is rubbed onto the skin.
- The herb of shiritsa, chamomile, Kalanchoe and calendula is taken in equal quantities. Pour boiling water over, leave for 8 hours. The mixture is filtered and wiped on her face.
- Amaranth oil is mixed with aloe juice and rubbed over the face.
Amaranth for hair beauty
For the beauty of hair, make masks with amaranth oil or wash your hair with a decoction. Such methods improve the condition of the hair, prevent hair loss and stimulate the opening of the hair follicles. Effective recipes:
- 500 g of herbs are poured with boiling water. Insist for 30 minutes, filter the solution and let it cool. Wet washed hair is rinsed with broth.
- Burdock and amaranth oil are mixed in equal amounts. Apply to the hair roots, put on a cellophane cap. Withstand 20 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo.
- Beat the chicken egg, add a third of a teaspoon of dry mustard and 1 teaspoon of amaranth oil. The mixture is applied to the hair, covered with a cellophane cap, kept for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with cool water.
- Dry substrate of amaranth, chamomile, celandine is poured with boiling water. Insist 30 minutes. The mixture is filtered and allowed to cool. Wet, washed hair is rinsed with a solution.
Contraindications to use
The use of amaranth has its own contraindications, in which it harms the body. The use of folk remedies is prohibited when:
- gallstone disease;
- children under 2 years of age;
- intolerance to the components of the squid;
- the presence of an allergic reaction.
Important! In the presence of one of the contraindications, the use of shiritsa is prohibited.