We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Green onions are an essential ingredient in many culinary dishes, or even a separate appetizer for side dishes. If in warm seasons there is plenty of it, then in winter many housewives experience a shortage of useful greens. So that you can be content with this product for a whole year, you should know how to properly pickle green onions in jars for the winter and keep the entire spectrum of vitamins.
Can green onions be salted?
As a rule, it is recommended to freeze onion feathers or any other greens. However, you can choose another option for preserving onion greens - salt it in containers. Having chosen this method of preserving a healthy product, it will be possible to add it only during cooking..
For the preparation of a salted blank, only juicy green feathers are selected. They are preliminarily examined for damage and dried out processes. Both young and sufficiently mature shoots are suitable for conservation. It will not be superfluous to use onions, which should also be young.
Before preservation, all containers must be thoroughly rinsed with a soda solution, dried and placed in a preheated oven. Thus, the containers are kept for about 20 minutes. You can also use a double boiler (for small cans) or microwave. Already closed containers are pasteurized in a water bath.
How to salt green onions for the winter at home?
There are several easy ways to prepare a flavor and vitamin supplement at home.
A simple recipe
Salting onion feathers according to this recipe will not take a lot of time and effort from the hostess. This recipe does not require the addition of vinegar, however, it can be added to extend shelf life and shelf life. What do you need:
- green onions - 1 kilogram;
- coarse salt - 100 grams;
- pepper - optional.
- It is preliminarily recommended to remove strong bitterness from the herbs. To do this, the sprouts are poured over with boiling water or placed in boiling water for one minute.
- Further, the main component needs to be crushed. The size of the rings is determined by eye.
- After that, the greens are transferred to a separate container and sprinkled with salt.
- Mix thoroughly and crush with a pestle.
- Transfer the salted mass to sterile containers, tamp it tightly and sprinkle with salt again.
Close the container and hide.
A great option for the winter is to prepare a whole mix of fresh herbs. Along with the main component, you can salt dill, parsley, sorrel, garlic, arugula or any other greens of your choice. What to take:
- onion feathers - 0.5 kilograms;
- cilantro - 0.5 kilograms;
- parsley - 300 grams;
- dill - 0.4 kilograms;
- salt - 200 grams.
- Prepare ingredients: sort, rinse. Dip the herbs in salted water for ten minutes so that the sprouts can soak well.
- Dry the ingredients, chop finely and sprinkle with salt. Arrange in containers, tamp tightly and close with a nylon lid.
Hide for preservation.
In its own juice
Salted onions will retain their freshness and aroma for a long time if prepared in their own juice. If all the green pulp is in the liquid, then the salt will be well distributed throughout the workpiece. List of required ingredients:
- onion greens - 2.5 kilograms;
- salt - 0.4 kilograms;
- vinegar - optional.
- Wash the sprouts thoroughly, revise and trim the dried ends.
- To make the pulp give as much juice as possible, it is better to cut it very finely with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the prepared product with salt and leave for a while. At this time, you should prepare containers for conservation.
- Divide the salt mixture into containers, take a crush or pestle and rinse it thoroughly to form a lot of liquid. The onion should be completely covered in its own juice.
- You can add a teaspoon of vinegar to each container.
Close and store for storage. This preparation is ideal as an addition to salads or cooking asparagus.
With vegetable oil
Onion greens are best stored with the addition of vegetable oil. With this method, the sprouts will retain their juiciness and aroma. What to take:
- onion feathers - 1 kilogram;
- rock salt - 0.25 kilograms;
- vegetable oil - 3 large spoons.
- Chop the washed green feathers, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix and place the mass in a container, crush with a crush.
- Pour a small amount of oil into each container.
It is recommended to store salted onions in jars only in the refrigerator. If vinegar has been added, and the jars are rolled up with metal lids according to all the rules, they can be stored in the pantry, cellar or basement. Such a preparation will last a little more than seven months.