We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The recipe for preparing zucchini for the winter in the oven is perhaps one of the most uncommon. But zucchini prepared in this way are able to preserve more vitamins and minerals that are contained in their composition. This preparation option is suitable for people who monitor their weight and health. Zucchini - low-calorie vegetables, suitable for dietary and proper nutrition. They have a beneficial effect on the intestinal tract.
Features of harvesting zucchini for the winter in the oven
Harvesting zucchini baked in the oven leaves all the vitamins and minerals in the product, unlike other harvesting methods. Such zucchini are often harvested as a ready-made additive for soups and stews.
If you remove the zucchini a couple of minutes before they are fully cooked, they will not lose their shape. In addition, after storage, the taste will remain saturated and the structure will not change.
Required ingredients for the recipe
To cook zucchini in the oven for winter use, you need to take the following ingredients:
- a kilogram of fresh zucchini;
- a kilogram of tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- a tablespoon of vegetable oil;
- a bunch of fresh herbs;
- a couple of cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 pieces of bay leaves;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- a teaspoon of sugar;
- a pinch of ground black pepper.
Ingredient selection rules
When cooking zucchini in the oven, the size of the vegetables does not affect the cooking result. The main thing is not to take overripe vegetables. It is better to select small fruits, up to 15-20 centimeters in size, pastel green with light yellow tints. They are tastier and healthier, they are stored longer. The main thing is that there are no cracks, dents, scratches, soft spots on the surface of the zucchini.
Before directly cooking the zucchini in the oven, it is important to prepare the zucchini. It is necessary to cut off the edges and peel the skin. Then cut vegetables 1-2 centimeters thick into slices and clean the seeds.
How to prepare containers correctly?
Banks before sterilization must first be thoroughly washed in warm water with a diluted spoon of baking soda. Wash the lids in the same place, then boil in water for a couple of minutes. It is recommended to rinse the jars in cool water a couple of times.
After that, it is imperative to sterilize the glass container. This can be done in three ways:
- over water vapor;
- in a microwave oven;
- in the oven.
The sterilization time of glass jars depends on their volume: 3-liter jars are sterilized for 15-20 minutes, liter jars are sterilized for 8-10 minutes and half-liter jars are sterilized for 5 minutes.
The process of cooking baked zucchini for the winter
Step-by-step process for cooking zucchini in the oven:
- Chop the onion into rings, grate the carrots, finely chop the tomatoes.
- Fry the onion in vegetable oil, then add carrots, tomatoes and mashed garlic to it. Simmer over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add a little salt and ground pepper. Put out another minute.
- Chop greens.
- Take a deep baking sheet, spread the zucchini rings, pour the stewed vegetable mixture over the top, spread the zucchini layer again and pour over the mixture. Repeat the procedure until you run out of ingredients.
- Place bay leaf on top, sprinkle with sugar, remaining salt and herbs. Put in a preheated oven for half an hour at a temperature of 120 degrees.
- Pour the required amount of vinegar into the jar and tilt the container in different directions so that the vinegar covers the entire inner surface of the jar.
- Gently tamp the finished zucchini into glass jars with a spoon.
- Roll up the lids. Then you need to turn the cans upside down and wrap them in a dense warm cloth. After a day, you can put it away for storage in a cool and dark place.
How and how long can the finished product be stored?
Zucchini for the winter, cooked in the oven, despite the prejudices, can be saved for a long time. Usually, when stored properly, they retain their flavor for a year. For long-term storage it is necessary to create a cool indoor environment.
You can store jars in the refrigerator or cellar. A cool pantry or closet is also fine. Another important detail is to prevent direct sunlight from reaching the workpieces. The room must be dark. Following these simple rules will help keep the zucchini tasty for a long time.