We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Chinese plum varieties have recently begun to spread among domestic summer residents. The advantage of these species is the small size of the tree, but at the same time the yield of the tree is always high. The Chinese plum takes root in almost all regions, especially with mild winters.
Popular varieties and characteristics
The Chinese plum differs from other varieties of plums in the size of the tree and the shade of the fruit. The fruit of the Chinese hybrids ranges from light lilac to wine shades. The description of popular varieties of Chinese plum has a number of similarities, but each hybrid has its own unique characteristics.
The height of the tree is from 2 to 2.5 m. The crown is medium thickened. The mass of ripe fruits of the tree is 30-40 g. The peel is a rich wine shade with a slight waxy bloom. The fruits are distinguished by the correct spherical shape. According to the tasting scale, Alyonushka plums have a mark of 4.8 points out of 5.
The main advantage is high resistance even to severe frosts. The downside is the low protection of the plant against diseases. At the same time, the fruits are not affected by scab. Large-fruited variety, after harvesting the fruits are stored for a long time. The mass of fruits is about 50-55 g. Ripe fruits are sweet, a slight sour taste is felt. In cooking, the use of fruits is wide.
The disadvantage of the Fast-growing is considered to be low transportability. Fruit crumples during long journeys. The yield is average, 8-10 kg of yield is obtained from a tree. But Skoroplodnaya also has advantages.
For example, resistance to subzero temperatures, as well as earlier fruiting. The first ripe fruits on the plant appear already in the middle of summer.
For Chinese varieties, the Golden Ball has an atypical fruit color. Plums with a rich yellow hue. The pulp is light orange. A relatively tall tree, it grows up to 3 m in height. Fruits are round, small, up to 35 g. Excellent resistance to transportation of crops over long distances.
The plant belongs to the dwarf type. It grows in height up to 1.5 m. Small-fruited, fruit weight is 15-20 g. The skin is yellow with a rich purple blush. Ripe greenish pulp with rich plum aroma. The advantages of the Manchurian beauty are yield and the presence of immune protection against moniliosis.
The average height of the Oryol souvenir is 3 m. A characteristic feature of the variety is a spreading crown. Fruits weighing an average of 35-40 g. There are also larger ones. The seed is easily separated from the pulp. A winter-hardy and fruitful tree, it enters fruiting early. The disadvantage of the variety is that the pulp is dry.
The height of the trunk is from 2 m. The crown is oval. Fruit at the stage of technical maturity, about 35 g. The skin is red, the flesh is orange. One of the most delicious varieties of Chinese plums. The fruits, as they ripen, begin to crumble, so it is worth harvesting immediately. Winter-hardy and productive variety.
This variety is similar in a number of characteristics to the Yellow ball variety. Only the shade of the fruit is different. The Red Ball has a deep crimson skin. At the same time, the pulp is green-yellow. Fast-growing, the tree enters fruiting in the 2-3rd year after planting. Pollinating varieties will have to be planted next to the plant. The red ball belongs to the self-fertile species.
The parent variety is the Chinese plum Alyonushka. The crown is pyramidal, medium thickening. Fruits are medium in size, weight 40-55 g. The stone is difficult to separate from the pulp. A significant drawback of the Oryol Dream is the fact that if the yield is high, the fruits grow small.
Lychee is a Chinese plum, but it can only be grown in the south. Lychee is a small fruit covered with a thick skin. The flesh of the fruit is white and has a large bone. The pulp is watery and sweet in taste.
Suitable varieties for planting in different climatic zones of Russia
The best varieties of Chinese plums cannot always be grown in all regions. The north is most often the exception.
The best varieties for Siberia:
- Covenant is a yellow-fruited hybrid with small plums. The height of the trees can reach 4 m. The variety belongs to the late ones. Flowering begins at the end of May. High frost resistance.
- Altai Jubilee - medium-sized trees. Plums are shaped like an oval, elongated to the bottom. The side seam is clearly visible on the skin. The color of the fruit is yellow-orange.
- Amur early - characterized by a neat crown, a small tree in height. Fruits are medium-sized, weighing up to 30 g. In rare cases, plums grow larger. Suitable for planting in regions with severe winters. In cooking, the use is universal, the pulp is sweet, sugary.
When growing in Siberia, you should think about sheltering the plant for the winter.
In outskirts of Moscow
Varieties of Chinese plum for the regions of the Moscow region:
- Baikal - a characteristic feature of this variety is the growth rate of the plant and the crown of the spreading type. Fruits are large-fruited, about the same size. Weight ranges from 35 to 45 g. Cherry-colored skin.
- Virovskaya early - medium-sized tree type, the trunk height does not exceed 3 m. Fruits are large, slightly elongated. There is a thick waxy coating on the skin. The average weight is 37 g. Differs in the presence of immune protection against some types of diseases of fruit crops.
The advantage of growing Chinese plums in the Moscow region is that there is no need to shelter the plant for the winter.
For southern regions
In the southern regions, all varieties of Chinese plums are suitable for growing. Winters are warm here, and crops begin to bear fruit early.
Varieties for southern cities:
- Katunskaya is a low-growing type of tree with a rounded crown. Ripening early, the first ripe fruits are removed from the plant in early August. The disadvantage of Katunskaya is the short shelf life of the harvested crop. If plums lie for several days, they become covered with black dots and rot.
- Krasnoselskaya is a medium-sized plant. Leafy crown. Fruits are medium-sized, weighing up to 25 g. In rare cases, plums reach a weight of 30 g. The stone is large, the pulp is juicy. A characteristic feature of Krasnoselskaya is the high sugar content in fruits.
In the southern regions, the most suitable climate for plums.
For central Russia
Varieties of plum for the middle band:
- Kuyashskaya is a low, spreading plant. Crohn of medium foliage. Fruits are medium in size, oval in shape. The side seam is clearly visible on the skin. Cherry peel, orange flesh. High tasting fruit score.
- Nadezhda Primorye is a non-leafy and compact plant up to 2 m high. A skin with a thick waxy bloom, wine shade. The pulp is sugary. The fruit tastes a little dry. Mainly grown for winter preservation and baking.
The middle lane is also considered a favorable region for the cultivation of Chinese plums. Before the onset of cold weather, you should think about sheltering the plum for the winter.