We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Among other vegetables, tomatoes deservedly occupy one of the first places on the table fresh and preserved. A treasure trove of the most useful lycopene, which, by the way, is preserved even after heat treatment, tomatoes perfectly retain their taste in preforms. Eating three tomatoes is enough to give your body a daily requirement of a powerful antioxidant called lycopene. Tomatoes are good on their own and in combination with other vegetables. Below are recipes for canned tomatoes with parsley for the winter.
The subtleties of cooking tomatoes with parsley for the winter
Even one sprig of parsley can enrich the taste and aroma of a tomato preparation. However, like other greens, canned parsley requires very careful observance of cleanliness - the slightest dirt on the leaves can cause spoilage of canned food. In addition, there are other features of preparing blanks for the winter with tomatoes and herbs:
- when pouring with brine, it is imperative to fill the volume of the can to the very top, pouring liquid over its edge. The less air remains, the better the quality and safety of the product;
- it is better to put greens in twigs, it looks more attractive. The exception is recipes where greens are placed in chopped form directly into tomatoes;
- unless otherwise indicated in the recipe, it is recommended to use vinegar essence in pickling, not table vinegar. It gives great safety to the product.
The fill volume is usually taken at the rate of half the volume of the can.
How to choose and prepare vegetables and herbs?
Usually, they choose fully ripe, juicy and the largest tomatoes for food. It is better to take smaller tomatoes in a jar, if the recipe does not include chopped vegetables. Here are some more tips for choosing and handling greens and vegetables:
- Tomatoes of the same ripeness, strong, are used in the jar tab, although in general they can be ripe, unripe and even brown.
- Greens are taken juicy, bright, without yellow leaves and damage. Before laying, it is soaked to remove sand and dirt, washed several times and dried.
- Fleshy varieties of tomatoes with an even, dense skin are preferable to thin-skinned ones, as they tolerate heat better.
- For harvesting whole vegetables, it is recommended to chop each fruit with a fork or toothpick before placing it in a jar. This will not damage their integrity, but will keep them from cracking when pouring boiling water.
Preparation of containers
The cleanliness of tools for cutting vegetables and containers directly affects the preservation of canned food.
Banks are well rinsed with running water, after rinsing with soda solution, sterilized in the oven or with a steam kettle. For small jars, you can use a microwave - don't forget to add some water to the jar before sterilizing. The washed lids are boiled for 5 minutes.
The best recipes
Tomatoes with parsley for the winter is a common combination; the hostess's classic recipe is enriched with various vegetables and spices. It is very tasty to cook both whole tomatoes and chopped vegetables. In the latter case, it is possible to use small-volume cans, including half-liter ones.
And now some popular and delicious recipes for making pickled tomatoes with parsley.
The easy way
Canned tomatoes can be cooked very quickly. Products for 1 liter jar:
- 0.6 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- a small root of parsley;
- a few peas of allspice;
- spicy pepper;
- 1 tbsp. l. Sahara;
- half st. salt;
- half st. 9 percent vinegar;
- half a liter of water.
- Chop the tomatoes (better fleshy medium-sized "cream"), put them in a jar, shifting 2-3 sprigs of greens.
- Add all other ingredients, top with tomatoes.
- In a saucepan, boil water, sugar, salt and pour the contents of the jar with boiling brine. Cover with lids and leave for 10 minutes to warm up the tomatoes.
- Drain the marinade, boil it again and pour it back into the jar.
- Pour in vinegar and close the jar with a lid. Turn over, cover with a warm blanket.
Pickled tomatoes, cut into wedges, with vegetable oil and spices
An excellent option for processing large tomatoes is pickling in halves. We prepare products based on a 1.5-liter jar:
- half a medium onion;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- a few peas of allspice;
- essence - 1 tsp.
We prepare separately for the marinade:
- sugar - 6 tbsp. l .;
- water - 3 liters;
- salt - 3 tbsp. l.
We preserve it like this:
- Cut the tomatoes into halves or quarters, if very large.
- At the bottom of the jar, put pepper, onion rings, a couple of garlic cloves, and a sprig of herbs.
- Arrange the tomatoes neatly. To fit more, we recommend folding with the cut down.
- Pour boiling marinade of water, sugar and salt.
- Covering the jars with lids, sterilize for a quarter of an hour.
- Before rolling, pour a norm of vinegar essence into each jar.
Option with onions and bell peppers
Fragrant tomatoes, scented with summer paprika and seasoned with hot onions, can be made from a variety of tomatoes. Indeed, any tomatoes are suitable for this blank, but preferably with dense pulp.
We observe the proportions only in the marinade:
- 1 liter of water;
- a couple of tablespoons of salt and sugar;
- the same amount of vegetable oil.
- For canning, we take chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, parsley. You can put some garlic.
- Prepare the marinade by boiling spices and oil in water.
- Put onion rings, garlic in prepared and sterilized jars, put halves of tomatoes, layering with sprigs of parsley and quarters of sweet pepper. Put peppers and herbs at random, to taste.
- Pour the marinade into a jar, put it in a water bath. Warm up on a minimum heat for 15 minutes, pour in the vinegar, take it out of the pan and roll it up. Turn over and cover with something warm on top.
How to store the finished product correctly?
Canned sweet tomatoes can be stored in a regular apartment for the winter. If there is a basement or cellar, then you can do without sterilization and double pouring during pickling.
In this case, the contents of the jar are poured with boiling brine, the vinegar rate is added (all according to the usual recipe), the jar is quickly rolled up and immediately sent upside down under a thick blanket in order to keep the internal heat as long as possible.
It is surprising, but such heating, the acid in tomatoes and vinegar is quite enough for the tomatoes to be stored in the basement and even in the apartment. But tomatoes prepared in this way are strong, not overcooked and with a dense skin.