We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Making black raspberry jam for the winter takes a minimum of time and surprises with its exquisite taste and pleasant aroma. The blank will quickly help to cope with vitamin deficiency in the cold season and makes every family meeting over a cup of tea even more comfortable and cozy.
Features of making black raspberry jam
Black raspberries were imported to Russia from North America. The berry immediately fell in love with gardeners for its unique taste and unpretentious cultivation. The culture is famous for its huge harvest, so there will definitely not be problems with a shortage of berries for jam. It is important to adopt several rules for making dessert:
- Sugar and black raspberries are recommended to be taken in equal proportions.
- Before cooking, it is better to cover the berries with a sweetener overnight and leave them to let the juice out and infuse well.
- You need to pack the freshly boiled liquid into jars, not letting it cool down, then twist the jar and turn it over.
The berry has a large number of useful microelements, but it should be prepared for the winter so that it does not lose all its positive qualities. Therefore, it is important to follow the recipe and not overcook the treat.
Selection and preparation of berries for harvesting
When choosing black raspberries of the Cumberland variety, you should give preference to fresh fruits, without serious external damage. It is better to weed out overripe or green specimens immediately so that they do not turn out to be the cause of a specific taste and do not spoil the jam.
The berries should be washed thoroughly and dried on a dry towel.
Sorting through the fruits, you need to make sure that there are no leaves, small twigs and insects.
How to prepare containers
The main thing in the technology of jam production is the dishes, which must be perfectly clean and absolutely dry. Do not use metal containers to avoid oxidation, which can add bitterness to the dessert. The exception is stainless steel and enamel containers.
Before canning, the jars should be thoroughly sterilized to protect the jam from the development of fungi and bacteria. To do this, you need to steam them in the oven or microwave for at least 20 minutes.
How to make blackcurrant jam for the winter
To make black raspberry jam, you do not need to have special skills and many years of experience. There are several ways to make a dessert that you should familiarize yourself with and choose the most suitable recipe.
A simple recipe
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 kg of black raspberries.
- Wash the berries, sort out, place in a deep container, cover with sugar.
- Allow time for the juice to form, put on a small fire.
- Bring to a boil and cook for another 10 minutes, stir.
- Distribute to banks and send for storage.
To prepare a dessert, you must have the following components in stock:
- 4 kg of black raspberries;
- 2 kg of sugar.
Algorithm of actions:
- Wash and sort the berries, dry and send to a deep container.
- Chop the berries using a blender and mix with sugar.
- Give the treat time to infuse until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pack the treat into jars.
For cooking, you need to stock up on the following products:
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 1.5 kg of black raspberries;
Step by step recipe:
- Wash and dry the berries.
- Use a mortar to puree.
- Add a little sugar, stir and leave for an hour.
- Send the mass to low heat, boil and keep for another 5 minutes.
- Place in jars, cork, let cool.
List of components:
- ½ pcs. lemon;
- 400 g sugar;
- 500 g of black raspberries.
- Wash and sort the berries, send to a deep container, cover with sugar.
- Cut the lemon into wedges and place on top.
- Leave to infuse for 12 hours.
- Put on fire, boil and let cool.
- Bring to a boil again and leave for 2 hours to infuse the treat.
- Boil for another 5 minutes, pour into jars.
A set of products:
- 1 kg of apples;
- 500 g of black berries;
- 1 kg of sugar.
- Rinse and sort the berries, cover with sugar.
- Put the mass on fire and boil.
- Peel the apples, core and cut into wedges.
- Add fruits to the boiling mass and cook, removing the resulting foam for 40 minutes.
- Arrange the finished dessert in the jars.
- 300 ml of water;
- 1 kg of blueberries;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 10 g citric acid;
- 5 g of gelatin.
- Dissolve gelatin with water according to the proportion indicated on the package.
- Wash and sort the fruits, combine with sugar and add water.
- Send the berry mass to the fire and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add gelatin to boiling liquid, citric acid and stir.
- Keep on fire for another 15 minutes, pack in jars.
Terms and conditions of storage of delicacies
The jam can be stored for 3 years in a room with appropriate conditions. It is worth choosing a dry, cool place, protected from direct sunlight.
The most suitable storage space for jam is a basement, remote shelves in cabinets.