We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Potassium sulfate is also called potassium sulfate. It is considered one of the most effective fertilizers. The composition is used to feed plants. It is especially effective when caring for crops that react negatively to chlorine. When used correctly, the substance helps to achieve excellent results. However, sometimes gardeners are interested in how potassium sulfate can be replaced.
What is potassium sulfate and what is it for
Potassium sulfate is an effective chlorine-free fertilizer. It contains potassium, which is required for the normal development of cultivated plants. Usually the top dressing is produced in the form of white granules.
Fertilizer is used for feeding in dry form and for irrigation by irrigation of crops that are grown in closed or open ground. The composition is used during the growing season.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main benefits of feeding include the following:
- An increase in the content of sugar and vitamins in the structure of plant cells, an increase in resistance to various pathologies and a decrease in the likelihood of damage to fruits by gray rot.
- Restoring the viability of perennials after winter.
- Suitable for plants that are sensitive to chlorine.
- Improving the circulation of fluid in plant cells.
- Effective influence on the development of plants, activation of the formation of new shoots.
- Low cost.
- Ease of use.
- No harm to people if the application technique is followed.
At the same time, the fertilizer also has some disadvantages:
- Possibility of combination not with all dressings. This makes it difficult to apply multiple fertilizers.
- Risk of absorption of important trace elements from the soil.
The drug is most effective when used on peat, sandy, red earth types of soil. It can also be used for loams and chernozem, but in this case, it is required to properly moisten the soil. The greatest need for potassium is experienced by crops that grow in calcareous areas, since there is a minimum of salts in such a soil.
The fertilizer is suitable for the following crops:
- representatives of the Cruciferous family - cabbage, turnips, beets, carrots;
- berry bushes;
- fruit trees.
How to breed and instructions for use
It is permissible to add the drug in different ways:
- In dry form, the product is used in early spring or autumn. In the first case, the drug is used before planting, in the second - when digging up the site for the winter.
- Liquid feeding is considered the most effective way. Crystals diluted in water get to the root system much faster.
- The solution for spraying is permissible to use during the growing season. To make it, you need to take 35-40 grams of granules and mix with 10 liters of water. The resulting composition is used for spraying green mass.
When using the substance, it is important to use personal protective equipment - a respirator and gloves. They must be used regardless of the way the substance is used. Protective agents will help prevent contact with skin and mucous membranes, as well as inhalation of toxic dust and fumes. After completion of work, you must thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water.
Compatibility with other fertilizers
When combining potassium sulfate with other substances, it is recommended to follow these rules:
- the composition is forbidden to be combined with chalk and urea;
- the drug should be combined with nitrogen agents immediately before application to the soil;
- when using potassium sulfate on acidic soils, it is recommended to combine it with lime.
What can replace it?
The tool can be replaced with other potash fertilizers, but it is important to follow a number of rules:
- Potassium chloride - has the highest specific gravity of potassium oxide. However, the composition includes chlorine, which is considered toxic to most plants. Therefore, it is permissible to use potassium chloride only with deep digging before winter.
- Potassium nitrate - it contains potassium oxide and nitrogen. The composition can be used even after the formation of ovaries. However, it is most often used for feeding root crops and berry crops. It is permissible to add the composition in dry form or in the form of a solution.
- Kalimagnesia is a combined fertilizer based on potassium and magnesium. There is no chlorine in it. The composition is used in the form of top dressing with a low magnesium content in the soil.
Potassium sulfate is an effective agent that is often used to fertilize crops. However, if necessary, it can be replaced with other potash compounds, strictly following the instructions.