We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomatoes have long been included in the number of popular plants in gardens and summer cottages. Tomato Uncle Stepa was the fruit of the work of Siberian breeders. It got its speaking name due to its size. The virtues of the tomato have made it one of the popular varieties.
General information about the variety
The plant produces a good harvest in protected conditions and in the open field. The universal tomato was bred by the efforts of Russian breeders in 2008. After 4 years, it was officially included in the State Register. Characteristics and description of the variety:
- indeterminate, grows throughout the summer;
- mid-early, fruit ripening period 115 days;
- average yield, up to 8 kilograms of berries from a single plant over the summer,
- tall, plant height reaches 2.5 meters:
- average foliage of the bush;
- leaves of medium size, green;
- requires constant care;
- simple inflorescences;
- in a separate brush, from 3 to 5 fruits are tied;
- resistance to most nightshade diseases;
- long distance transportation is possible;
- not prone to cracking;
- good keeping quality.
Tomatoes Uncle Stepa showed good results in the southern regions of Russia. Resistance to adverse weather conditions made it possible to grow the plant in the north of the country. Descriptions and technical data of fruits:
- elongated, sometimes slightly curved shape;
- the length of tomatoes reaches 20 cm;
- large size, with a maximum weight of an individual berry of 300 grams;
- the number of chambers is from 3 to 5 pieces;
- thin skin;
- in a mature state, it acquires a bright red color;
- sweet taste;
Tomatoes are suitable for fresh consumption. The variety is among those suitable for canning, pickling and making tomato purees, pastes, gravy and juice.
The plant prefers a seedling planting method. To obtain strong seedlings, it is advised:
- plant seeds to a depth of 1.5-2 cm;
- prepare a separate peat pot for each seedling;
- the temperature in the room with seedlings should not be lower than 22 degrees;
- regular watering;
- after the appearance of the first shoots, it is necessary to move them to the light source.
Experienced vegetable growers advise planting seedlings after hardening. For 1 sq. meter of soil no more than five bushes.
IMPORTANT! To obtain the best results, a high mineral content of the soil is required.
The tomato requires regular attention. Mandatory events include:
- abundant watering, as needed;
- regular loosening of the soil;
- feeding with complex mineral or organic fertilizers at least once every 10 days;
- obligatory tying to the trellis and installation of supports.
Good day! Last year I tried a new variety for myself Uncle Styopa. The name of the tomato justified. Plants reached a height of 2.5 meters. Doubted about a good harvest - the summer turned out to be cold. The tomatoes turned out to be resistant, collected 5 kilograms of berries from the bush. Suitable for northern regions. I advise!
Ekaterina Sidorova, 45 years old.
Uncle Styopa discovered tomatoes for herself. A variety for an amateur, very demanding. To get a good harvest, you need regular feeding and tying. The palatability of ripe fruits is excellent. Tomatoes are sweet, suitable for fresh consumption and pickling.
Denis Valerianovich, 65 years old.